At Schlanger Law Group we understand how complicated and frustrating it can be to protect your finances and your legal rights, especially when you are an identity theft victim or if you are facing a credit reporting agency or creditor that won’t follow the law. Here are a few helpful links to answer your questions and begin the process of restoring peace of mind.
Please contact us if you would like to schedule a free case consultation. Simply click the button at the bottom of this page.
To read the full statutory language of the major consumer laws, click on the links below:
The US Government often publishes helpful guides for consumers facing identity theft and other situations. Click on these government sites for more information:
- General identity theft site
- If your credit or debit card is lost or stolen
- If you lost your government ID such as your driver’s license, Social Security Card, or passport
- Steps to take if you are a victim of identity theft
- Website to report identity theft
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Federal Trade Commission’s Bureau of Consumer Protection
If you are facing credit reporting errors, identity theft, or other consumer issues, start with these helpful links: